Hydrogen sulphide (H2S) is found in extracted crude oil from geological sources. In the atmospheric distillation along with lighter hydrocarbons, hydrogen sulphide is separated from rest of the oil. In the amine treatment unit H2S is separated from hydrocarbons and fed to sulphur recovery unit (SRU) for extracting sulphur. With the use of multiple conversion reactor, generally up to 97% of H2S to elemental sulphur is achievable. The remaining tail gas can be sent to a Tail Gas Treatment absorber as due to environmental concerns H2S has to be removed from the tail gas.
Due to increasing oil & gas exploration activities and stringent environmental regulations, sulphur recovery technology market has shown significant growth over the past few years. Growing number of refineries and gas processing plants in Asian and Middle East market have also enhanced the market for sulphur recovery technologies. In 2015, Middle East and Africa was the largest market for sulphur recovery technology market.
Key trends observed in the global sulphur recovery technology market are increasing partnerships between refineries and fertilizer producers and modifications to enhance sulphur recovery technologies. Along with this, refineries are adopting specialized Tail Gas Treatment recovery process to enhance their sulphur recovery yield.
Countries covered under each region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Rest of MEA
Key players identified for Sulphur Recovery Technology market include but are not limited to:
Amec Foster Wheeler, Black & Veatch Holding Company, Fluor Corporation, GTC Technology US LLC., Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., KT- Kinetics Technology SpA, Linde AG, Technip SA, WorleyParsons Ltd, Chiyoda Corporation
This report offers:
- An overview of the global markets for sulphur recovery technology market
- Market trends assessment for the period 2014-2023, with historical information for 2013& 2014, and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRS during 2016-2023
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges and future prospects
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share analysis, fractal map assessment, Porter’s Five Forces model
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launch, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlighting key information about the major players operating in the sulphur recovery technology market