Cell isolation & separation is the process of separating individual living cells from another within a biological sample such as blood or tissue. Cell isolation & separation techniques comprise centrifugation, FACS (fluorescence-activated cell sorting), BACS (buoyancy-activated cell sorting), MACS (magnetic-activated cell sorting), and microfluidics or filtration. There are three types of cell separation approaches such as positive selection, negative selection, and depletion. Increasing funding from the government and biotechnology companies for cell-based research coupled with growing biotechnology and biopharmaceutical companies are supporting the market growth. For instance, in 2017, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) invested US$ 1,646 Mn in stem cells research, which is projected to be spent by 2019. In addition, globally rising prevalence of cancer & infectious diseases along with augmenting demand for personalized medicine are anticipated to assist in the market growth during the forecast period.
The consumables segment is expected to spearhead the market owing to repetitive demand for these products for research & diagnostics application due to their limited durability. Increasing adoption of centrifugation technology for manufacturing of biopharmaceutical drugs, proteins, vaccines, and antibodies shall hold a major chunk of the market in the near future. Based on type, the human cells segment dominates the market due to rising applications of isolated human cells in biopharmaceuticals development, research, and clinical trials.
The presence of major market participants, biopharmaceutical companies & research laboratories along with sophisticated infrastructure in the U.S. and Canada has placed North America at the dominant position. On the other hand, Asia Pacific is expected to register comparatively higher CAGR from 2018 to 2026 due to rising prevalence of cancer and infectious diseases among individuals and favorable government support for research activities.
The global cell isolation and separation market is segmented on the following bases:
- Global Cell Isolation and Separation Market, by Product, 2016-2026 (US$ Mn)
- Media, Reagents, Kits & Sera
- Flow Cytometers
- Magnetic-activated Cell Sorting (MACS) Systems
- Filtration Systems
- Global Cell Isolation and Separation Market, by Technique, 2016-2026 (US$ Mn)
- Surface Marker
- Global Cell Isolation and Separation Market, by Type, 2016-2026 (US$ Mn)
- Global Cell Isolation and Separation Market, by Application, 2016-2026 (US$ Mn)
- Research Laboratories & Institutes
- Biotechnology and Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Cell Banks
- Hospital & Diagnostic Laboratories
- Global Cell Isolation and Separation Market, by Geography, 2016-2026 (US$ Mn)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Latin America (LATAM)
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Key players identified in the global cell isolation and separation market include:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- BD Biosciences
- STEMCELL Technologies Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- GE Healthcare
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Terumo BCT, Inc.
- pluriSelect Life Science UG (haftungsbeschränkt) & Co. KG
- Miltenyi Biotec GmbH
- BioLegend, Inc.
This report offers:
- Comprehensive overview of the global cell isolation and separation market including the current market dynamics
- Elucidation of each market segment based on product approvals, launch, and current and anticipated market dynamics
- Company profiles and competitive landscape of market leaders operating in the cell isolation and separation market comprising key products, operating business areas and financial analysis