Cell proliferation kits are assay based test solutions that aid in the quantification of cell proliferation and viability. Proliferation tests are based on the division of tetrazolium salt WST-1 to formazan by the activity of cellular mitochondrial dehydrogenases. Rise in the number of viable cells is proportional to the amount of formazan dye produced during the interaction. These kits are utilized in analysis of pharmaceutical compounds, toxic agents, and quantification of cell proliferation. Factors affecting the market growth include rising demand for cytotoxic drugs and technological advancements in assay techniques. However, lack of skilled professionals and stringent regulatory policies negatively impacts the market growth during the forecast period.
The global cell proliferation kits market is categorized based on types, applications, and geography. Based on the types, this market is segmented into colorimetric detection method and fluorescent detection method. In 2017, colorimetric detection method segment dominated the global market owing to the high adoption across the end-users. Based on the applications, the market is segmented into pharmaceutical manufacturers, biotechnology companies, academic institutes, and research laboratories.
Due to the rising awareness regarding the cell-based assays and growing support of the government to promote the use of cell proliferation kits, the global market is expected to be led by North America in 2017. Furthermore, preference of consumers towards personalized healthcare facilities is another factor fueling the growth of the North America market. Asia Pacific is identified as the fastest growing market due to the growing investments by the key player in the region.
The global cell proliferation kits market is dominated by key players and very few local players are present in the market. The players are focusing on market penetration by adopting strategic initiatives such as product launch, regional expansions, etc. For instance, in 2017, PerkinElmer, Inc., launched VICTOR Nivo Multimode Plate Reader, which offers high performance of biochemical and cell-based applications.
The Global Cell Proliferation Kits Market is segmented on the following bases:
- Global Cell Proliferation Kits Market, by Type, 2016-2026 (US$ Mn)
- Colorimetric Detection Method
- Fluorescent Detection Method
- Global Cell Proliferation Kits Market, by Application, 2016-2026 (US$ Mn)
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Biotechnology Companies
- Academic Institutes
- Research Laboratories
- Global Cell Proliferation Kits Market, by Geography, 2016-2026 (US$ Mn)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Players Identified in Cell Proliferation Kits Market include:
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., GE Healthcare, Merck & Company, Inc., PerkinElmer, Inc., and Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
This report offers:
- The market size of the cell proliferation market by 2026 and growth rate during the forecast period
- Current trends in the global cell proliferation market and the factors driving the market
- Challenges to the market growth
- What are the market opportunities and threats to the players operating in global cell proliferation market
- Factors influencing the market shares of regional markets