Mouth Ulcers are painful sores that can be developed in mucous membrane of oral cavity or at the underneath of gums and restricts individual’s ability to chew, bite or eat. Depending on the size, shape and number the mouth ulcer can be classified as minor ulcer (2-8 mm diameter), major ulcer (bigger and uneven edges) and herpetiform ulcer (bunch of smaller injuries with irregular shapes). The principle causes of mouth ulcer are viral or bacterial infection, drug reaction, tooth decay, dentures, mechanical trauma, emotional stress, nutrients deficiency, changes in hormonal level and food allergy. The prevalence of mouth ulcer is around 4% globally and aphthous ulcer is the most common affecting around 25% population worldwide. The mouth ulcer treatment market can be segmented on the basis of drug class such as corticosteroids, anesthetics, analgesics, antimicrobial and antihistamines. The mouth ulcer treatment market can also be segmented on the basis of formulation such as Gel, Spray, Mouthwash and Lozenges, while the mouth ulcer treatment market can be segmented as Aphthous stomatitis, Oral Lichen Planus and others on the basis of indication.
Increasing geriatric population, rising prevalence of mouth ulcer and growing health awareness among public to quit smoking would drive the mouth ulcer treatment market. The advanced healthcare infrastructure of developed countries along with high market entrance of variety of oral hygiene care products shall further fuel the growth of the mouth ulcer treatment market; whereas the lack of awareness about public health in developing nations and availability of substitute products like herbal remedies of oral care products restrain the growth of mouth ulcer treatment market. Additionally, the side-effects or adverse reactions of the chemicals used in formulations negatively influence the growth of the mouth ulcer treatment market.
North America market is anticipated to dominate the Mouth ulcers treatment market due to the technological advancement in the diagnostic procedures of oral and dental care. Lucrative growth in mouth ulcer treatment market is expected in Asia-Pacific region due to rising health awareness and cost-effective treatment procedures.
The Global Mouth Ulcers Treatment Market is segmented on the following bases:
- Global Mouth Ulcers Treatment Market Revenue (US$ Mn), By Drug class, 2015-2025
- Global Mouth Ulcers Treatment Market Revenue (US$ Mn), By Formulation, 2015-2025
- Global Mouth Ulcers Treatment Market Revenue (US$ Mn), By Indication, 2015-2025
- Aphthous Ulcer
- Oral Lichen Planus
- Global Mouth Ulcers Treatment Market Revenue (US$ Mn), By Geography, 2015-2025
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Key Players Identified for Mouth Ulcers Treatment Market include:
Few major players in Mouth Ulcers Treatments Market include Pfizer, Inc., Church & Dwight Co., Inc., 3M, Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, BLISTEX, INC., GlaxoSmithKline plc., ECR Pharmaceuticals, Sannova, Reckitt Benckiser, Sunstar, Dr.Reddy’s, Blairex Laboratories, Sanjin Pharmaceutical, Prestige, Joincare Pharmaceutical, Sinclair Pharma and The Colgate-Palmolive Company
This report offers:
- An overview of the global markets for Mouth Ulcers Treatment Market.
- Market trends assessment for the period 2015-2025, with historical information for 2015, and projections through 2025, with respective CAGRs during 2017-2025.
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges and future prospects.
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share analysis, fractal map assessment.
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launch, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure.
- Company profiles highlighting key information about the major players operating in the Mouth Ulcers Treatments Market.